In accordance with the State of Connecticut Reopening Guidelines, everyone over 2 years of age is required to wear a face mask/face covering over their mouth and nose when coming to our practice.
COVID-19 Test Results:The practice calls every patient when a Coronavirus test result is received. If your test result comes in, the practice will contact you. Patients can check for results on Yale’s MyChart website.
Important changes will be posted on this website.
October 19, 2020
The office is open every weekday for patient visits. As a precaution, we are all wearing masks when interacting with patients.We are operating with a reduced number of staff and are now able to answer our patient calls directly in the office. We may briefly utilize our Answering Sevice during the the day to handle incoming calls. If you call our office and go through to the Answering Service, please leave a message with them and we will call you back.
We are taking the following "social distancing" measures.
1. We are keeping interaction between all our patients to a minimum.
See Coronavirus (COVD-19) Update below.
2. We are limiting interaction between our patients and our staff to the minimum necessary.
3. On some weekdays, our office hours may be abbreviated (closing at 3pm). A Provider will be On Call at all times. In the event there is a problem contacting the Provider On Call, contact our answering service directly by calling 203-397-5787.
4. We are keeping our office closed on weekends to minimize the risk to our patients and staff. As always, a provider will be available 24 hours a day through our answering service. When it is appropriate, the provider on call will schedule a visit using our Telemedicine application.
5. Our implementation of Telemedicine technology has been very well received by our patients and families. The application gives our providers the capability to conduct virtual office visits. We have been assured that the visits will be "covered" by the insurance carriers and it is our understanding the claim submitted for a virtual visit will be the same as if you were seen in our office.
As we all know, things are changing daily and sometimes several times during the day. Our goal is to meet the needs of our patients while reducing the the amount of exposure to both our patients and our staff. We appreciate your patience and your understanding as we do our best to navigate this difficult time with you and your family.
Please read the Coronavirus (COVD-19) Update below before coming to our office.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
We have changed the way we see patients and run our practice. We care very much about our patients' safety and medical care. We are limiting the number of people in our office at any one time and have enacted the following policies to minimize the risks for all our patients and staff.
1. Patients with an illness, when you arrive for your appointment, please call our office (203-795-6025) from the parking lot and let us know you have arrived. Do not come in the office. A member of the Nursing Staff will instruct you where to meet them to begin your visit. In most cases, you will be instructed to wait at the double glass doors under the overhang at the far right in the front of the building and a staff member will meet you.
2. We are limiting the number of Health Exam and routine appointments each day. If you are coming for a Health Exam or a visit that is not related to an illness, you may enter our office through the lobby and the waiting room.
3. Only one healthy adult can accompany a patient. While we understand it may be difficult, please do not bring siblings along to appointments.
4. We do not want patients coming to our office without an appointment. We cannot accomodate Walk-Ins or people coming in our office unecessarily.
5. We are unable to provide coronavirus (COVID-19) testing in our office.
6. When appropriate, a provider may offer to conduct a Telemedicine visit online using an app that allows real time video access between the patient and the provider.
If you have questions, please call our office at 203-795-6025 to speak with our staff or the Provider On so we can decide on the appropriate course of action.
Content on this website is for informational purposes only and is not actual medical advice. The use of this information is at your own risk. Always consult your physician before making a treatment decision.
If you have questions regarding medical care or an appointment, please call our office at (203) 795-6025.
Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, PC - March 25, 2020