In accordance with the State of Connecticut Reopening Guidelines, everyone over 2 years of age is required to wear a face mask/face covering over their mouth and nose when coming to our practice.
We cannot accomodate Walk-Ins. Please call us at 203-795-6025 before coming to our office without an appointment.
Scroll to the bottom of this page for information about COVID-19 testing and results.
IMPORTANT: Please review all the policies below.
1. If any of the following is true, please contact our office at 203-795-6025 for further instructions:
You are experiencing symptoms of an illness.
You have traveled out of the state or out of the country in the 14 days before your visit.
You have had a Coronavirus (COVID-19) test or a known exposure to Coronavirus (COVID-19) in the 14 days before your visit.
If you arrive at our office, remain in your car and call us from the parking lot at 203-795-6025 and request further instructions.
2. Patients with an illness, when you arrive for your appointment, please call our office (203-795-6025) from the parking lot and let us know you have arrived. Do not come in the office, your car is your waiting room. We will call you when we are ready to start your visit. In most cases, you will be directed to wait at the double glass doors under the overhang at the far right in the front of the building where a staff member will meet you. Look for a small orange flag in front of the door. Please do not wait at the double glass doors until we call you with instructions.
3. Health Exam Appointments: If you are coming for a Health Exam or a visit that is not related to an illness and you are not experiencing symptoms of an illness and have not traveled out of state in the last 14 days, you may enter our office through the lobby and the waiting room.
4. All Appointments: Only one healthy adult can accompany a patient. While we understand it may be difficult, please do not bring siblings along to appointments.
5. We are unable to provide coronavirus (COVID-19) testing in our office.
6. When appropriate, a provider may offer to conduct a Telemedicine visit online using an app that allows real time video access between the patient and the provider.
If you have questions, please call our office at 203-795-6025 to speak with our staff or the Provider On so we can decide on the appropriate course of action.
Schedule a COVID-19 Test at Yale New Haven Hospital:
Asymptomatic (no symptoms) patients can request a COVID-19 test online through Yale-New Haven Health without a physician's order. Please go to the Yale New Haven Health COVID-19 Testing website Click Here (https://covidtesting2.ynhhs.org/) and see if you qualify for a test.
COVID-19 Test Results from Yale New Haven Hospital:
The practice calls every patient with a POSITIVE Coronavirus test result when it is received. If you do not receive a call, you can check for your results on Yale’s My Chart website Click Here (https://mychart.ynhhs.org/MyChart-PRD/Authentication/Login?).
Notes: If you do not have Yale's My Chart, look for New User and Sign Up Now. If you are setting this up for a minor, you will have to complete the Proxy Access Form and submit it according to the instructions on the Please Identify Yourself page.
Yale My Chart is part of Yale New Haven Health System and our practice cannot set it up for patients. If you are having a problem, contact Yale My Chart Support using this e-mail address: MyChartSupport@ynhh.org.
Content on this website is for informational purposes only and is not actual medical advice. The use of this information is at your own risk. Always consult your physician before making a treatment decision.
If you have questions regarding medical care or an appointment, please call our office at (203) 795-6025.
Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, PC - November 24, 2020